Saturday, June 5, 2010

AJSS for a grand finale

Again my feelings on AJSS.
It has been about 11 to 12 months of continuous singing for the kids. Day and Night rehearsals, takes.. Cherishing moments, surprising prizes, disappointments, dramatic exits so on and so forth...
Now AJSS has reached a final stage where 4(now it has become 5) strong contestants are pitted against each other to find the "chella kural"... I guess Chitra and Mano would have had 2- 3 full weeks of rest before they appear before the audience on Jun 17th..
Srikanth - a whizkid/prodigy definitely. He has innate potential to grasp each and every lines / sangathis of any song and above all singing without fear at that age is not an easy task.
Coming to the new rule of bringing in the 5th contestant when there was no need at all... This is the point of difference for me and am not able to accept this being called as 'unbiased' approach. Ever since AJSS reached a mid - stage, somehow I have been having a feeling of showing biased approach(which I shared earlier).
This is my view point...
I am beginning to feel if this is to appease judges, and the sponsorors. Personally, I do not buy in to the concept of voting which definitely is not a transparent medium of selecting. This is just a small math - Assuming I have a continuous Internet connectivity and I log to the mentioned site and keep clicking on a favourite person a full day, it would result in generating at least 10000 votes. If I do it for 2 - 3 days, it goes to 30k votes. The real way of judging the kids talent vanish at this point. I strongly feel that there should be a transparent way of selecting the xth contestant in a highly TRP ranked and highly popular reality show like AJSS. I feel in the wild card round, Srinisha and Priyanka sang really well than Nityashri.
Seeing all this, I would really not be surprised if the promoters and the sponsorors have already decided the winner and the finals is conducted more as a formality show!!. Lets see if the finals throws surprises in selecting new finalists Nityasri or Srikanth or the already in the finals - Roshan, Alka or Shravan.. But may the real talent steal the show. Got to wait till the 17th..

1 comment:

  1. yeah wat u say is correct....but personally i wll sugest that v shld not get deep into such progs as they r meant purely for entertainment nd v shld enjoy the new talents v r able to c. may be such type of progs wll be a very gud motivatior for lots of youngsters/parents to take such arts for practise/profession...i feel nothing wrong in the concepts of such shows...if u start relating such shows to identification of true talents...then i feel u wll be for disappointments.....anyway nice to c u talk on such gud topics..

    rgds sathyan

    ReplyDelete