Saturday, May 15, 2010

A wonderful darshan

Recently I visited the holy shrine of Lord Balaji at Tirumala. I was so stunned and was extremely apprehensive in climbing 16 kilometers and around 4500 steps. I saw so many hundreds of visitors climbing steps (Guess they might have been used to).. Although I was doubtful if I could climb steps because of my health, I still decided to make an attempt. This was the first time. The climate was too good (in the early morning).. So many shops and resting places on the way. The TTD has constructed so many resting spots for the benefit of people who climb seven hills - Seshadri, Neeladri, Garudadri,Anjanadri, Vrushabadri,Narayanadri, Venkatadri.

It took little less than 4 hours and about half of total steps were steep. But what was surprising is that I never felt the tiredness, nor experienced any pain in my leg post darshan. There are many petty shops where they sell Soda, Lemonade, Tetrapacks, Aerated drinks and drinking water in addition to peanuts, etc... Salute to the TTD administration for making this easy experience. More than that I had the wondeful darshan of lord balaji. What is also interesting is that beyond a certain point, you can see Vishnu Sahasranamam engraved that helps the visitors recite and climb.
One must (at least once) climb the sacred hills to enjoy the darshan and get the blessings of Lord Venkateswara.

1 comment:

  1. i dont know how many of us will do the same trekking to climb a hill if v r askd to do the same for fun nd thrills(recreation)!!....may be judging the same way.... namma munnorgal might hv cleverly tweaked the process to incl the GOD nd make us get fit tis way!!....anyway all the best for more such trips!!

    rgds sathyan

    ReplyDelete