Sunday, September 22, 2013

Self confidence

Recently, I came across this interesting story told by our honorable CM. I have tried to capture the entire story. The story goes like this. 
Once there was a rat which was very scared of cats and other animals. It saw a rishi and prayed to Rishi, "I am getting scared of cat..... Can you convert me in to a cat?". The sage looked at the rat, smiled and said, okay!. Will convert and the rat became a cat. It felt happy. The cat was wandering in the forest and after a few days it met the same sage. It went up to the sage and said, "Thanks for converting me. But,these days, I am getting scared of whenever I see a tiger. Why don't you change me to a tiger. Tiger is big and majestic also!". The sage again smiled and made the now cat to a tiger. The tiger was very happy and was going all around the forest..... After a few days, the sage again saw the tiger and asked if the tiger is doing fine. The tiger said, "yes". But, I really get scared whenever I see a hunter. I have a feeling that he will hunt me. So, is it possible for you to convert me into a hunter. That way, I will never be more happy!. The sage got a bit annoyed and said, "Oh rat, the fear in you is not going to change in whichever form I change you to!. Unless you come out of the fear in you, the appearance makes no difference. Until, you get out of fear, be in your original form itself... ". He converted the tiger back to its original form.

The inner fear many times proves to be an obstacle in our growth trajectory. Nice and interesting story to shed all inhibitions and fear!.


Signing off,

SPH

No comments:

Post a Comment