Friday, August 6, 2010

Azhwars - an Intro's intro

Sometime back during a casual conversation that came up on 12 Azhwars, my friend raised several questions viz - 1. the roots of Azhwars 2. what they tried to communicate 3. Why are we following traditions et al. Those questions may sound hard to even digest but that gave me a thought of just trying to understand what the science is all about!
Thus began my search. Though I have not gathered much inputs on understanding the topic, I would also request readers to stop by and contribute to knowing Azhwars as to understanding what they intended to communicate!

This should not definitely raise theist / atheist thoughts but just a mere understanding to praise them better and understand the language and know Divya Prabandhams in a proper way. I shall start it soon!..Contributions most welcome...
(Hope no one should brand me fanatic :-) )

1 comment:

  1. Azhwars had seen the GOD Almighty. The faith they had with the Perumal was so great the poems ( Prabhanthams) just came out as they have seen HIM (meaning they had the saraswathi Kataksham).
    we need to take their Hari Bakthi and follow them.
    nice topic hema!
    regards,
    Kannan.r

    ReplyDelete