Thursday, April 18, 2013

Music - medicine to mind, ears and soul

It has been 2 months since I posted. Been caught with different things.. Sorry for the break...Back with my favorite one - Music... 

Music and emotions are inseparable. We have always connected music to express our feelings.. Be it Saint Thyagaraja or Trinity or their contemporaries.. All of them have used music to express their devotion and total surrender to God.

Music is established as a stress reliever tool. Listening to music has a beneficial effect on us. When we listen to good music, I repeat, good music, it kind of lowers your stress levels, you feel relieved and it also sometimes acts as an energy booster.Some of us do exercising, while some do meditation (again with music on), some read to ease the stress level and some of us play music to relieve from the stress.

When you want to calm down, it is best to listen to classical music as it has an uncanny(can I say that) knack of holding your emotion and soothing your mind to help distracting from unnecessary thoughts what would otherwise be stress increasers or boosters.

It does help me in a greater extent as I am in the listening list. I listen to melodious pieces. I enjoy good music... Sometimes, I resort to listening to instrument (one that is close to my heart - violin, flute). 
One needs to select the type of music you want to listen to.. Sometimes, jarring music can turn the math around.. We can write so much about the benefits of listening to music. I leave to readers to explore..

When music is on, 
stress is gone! ;). 

Am sure when there is good music to ears, eyes, mind and soul, your BMI has a positive impact... BMI is Body, Mind and the Intellect and not Body Mass Index... :)

Signing off,
SPH

No comments:

Post a Comment