Friday, April 22, 2011

Just a matter of Rs 25/-

Recently I came across an inspiring story. I wanted to share this with all of you(I have added a couple of points).Very true in our lives! Please park a few minutes to read this!
A woman came home from work very late. Coming late is many a times tagged with tiredness, irritation, hunger. She saw her five year old son patiently waiting for her at the door. The conversation began between the tired mom and the calm son.


Son: "Mom, may I ask you a question?"


Mom: "Yeah, sure son!. What it is?"


Son: "Mom, How much money do you make in an hour?"


Mom got irritated (the added irritation) and said, "That is none of your business!, Why do you ask such a question?".


Son: "I just want to know Mom. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

Mom:"If you must know, I make Rs 50 per hour!"

Son(putting his head down):"Oh!.. Mom, may I please borrow Rs 25?"

The mother was furious and said, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense stuff, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities" The little boy extremely disappointed went quietly to his room and shut the door.

The woman sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he asks such questions just to get money?". The mother's ego was on a little high and we generally don't like being questioned on salary right!

After about an hour or so, the woman calmed down. She started to think. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that Rs 25 and she really did not ask for money very often. The woman went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

"Are you asleep, my son?" she asked.

"No mom!, Am awake" replied the boy.

Mom said, "I have been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier". "It has been a long day and I took my aggravation on you. Here is Rs 25 you had asked for!"

The little boy happily sat straight up smiling. "Mom, thank you so much". He said in very happy tone!. Then reaching under the pillow, he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The woman on seeing that he already had some money got wild and angry again. The little boy not bothering about his mom's reaction, slowly counted all the money and then looked up to his mother.

The mother asked him, "Why do you want more money when you already have some?"

"Because, I did not have enough, I asked you Mom!" pat came his reply adding, "Mom, I now have Rs 50 with me. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home soon tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you!"

The mother was crushed. She put her arms around her little son and pleaded forgiveness!

How true it is!. We get engaged in to work so much that sometimes we fail to think about family. We work so hard in life. It is a good reminder to all of us that we should not let time slip through our fingers withing having spent some time with those who really matter to us and those who are close to our hearts.

If we die tomorrow, the company we work for will immediately find a replacement within hours/days. But the family/friends we leave behind will only feel the loss for the rest of their lives!!

Please remember to share that Rs 50 worth of your time with the someone you love and care.

PS: Not only for Moms, but all hard working people!

Signing off

SPH

2 comments:

  1. How true! Spend time with your near and dear ones; specially give lots of time to kids during their formative years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true.. Rs.50 is ofcourse low when compared to the time spent with your loved ones and the happiness you get..

    ReplyDelete