Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thanks from the heart

Today is August 01st. People all over the world celebrate today for 2 reasons - One being a Sunday and the second one being the world celebrating FRIENDSHIP DAY..

Personally, I dont really believe in all these "Days"- Sister day, Father's day, Mother's day et al. But from another stand point, I see this as a very big marketing opportunities for bigs such as Archies, Hallmark etc. Because presence of a friend is for life and you dont need to thank them on one single day...
I understand from some sites that this concept began in the US in 1935. Nevertheless, it has been commercialized so well that the bigs have made whole lot of money. When I say I dont buy in to this concept, I do not mean that I dont have friends.
I have whole loads of friends right from my friends in KG to 12th, to MBA, to work spot, violin etc. Many are friends for life.
Taking this as the right occasion, I wish to thank each and everyone who have made a big impact in my life by your acquaintance turning out to be friendship.

Like there is a saying "The smallest moments shared with friends bring us the brightest joys".

I wish each and everyone a very happy friendship day!!!!
Special thanks (12th friends) to
GS - mom of 2, an amazing singer with her mellifluous voice and a great friend,
VSB - a mom of 2 and an inspiration for me for her balancing household chores and office and making delicious recipes,
PS - soft spoken, caring.
Rad, Shree - you mean a whole lot for me... You know and in addition - (we wish each other during Sep end when our birthdays fall)
My friends in MBA - LV, SP, RR aka WD, SM - you guys have made me feel very very young at heart.
My violin friends - RS, BS, DS, AS,RVR - You have created a perfect symphony ;-) to our friendship.
All my other friends, I thank you all for being there in my life

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Read it jus now... nice one and who is RR btw???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shubha. SM - you, RR - Ronica Roselyne, SP - Pulsar Sowmya :-), LV - our own Lalitha. You guys have a special place!!!

    ReplyDelete