Sunday, November 7, 2010

Packing - A new experience!!!

When Navarathri got over, I visited couple of places in and around T Nagar and Mylapore to check out if some clay doll sets (aka clay figurines) can be bought at a cheaper price (I have told this earlier). This time, I bought beautiful sets - around 10 of them for home and for relatives. Even though I bought them in a gush, somehow the speed cooled down because I need to think of it only when needed..
But then, my sister wanted to take the dolls bought for her to her house so that they can pack it and keep it in yadhasthanam :). I did not give any work to my brain for packing as she stays close by. All I did was I put some straw in a big jute bag, placed dolls in between and they reached home safely. What is the big deal? See, it just within 1 kilometer.
A relative of mine, suddenly told that he is visiting my relative in the US (for whom I had bought some sets). Oops!!! I had to start thinking which means there is work to my brain in terms of how to pack safely. I started breaking my head as I only had 2 objectives in my mind - They should not throw this and it should reach safely!. One might wonder, what is the big stuff in packing to US? - Trust me, packing is a challenge (should I say big Crucible?) even if you want to carry it 1 mile or 10000 miles far.
After exploring the Internet, asking few people who have already traveled, I began my work. As I kept packing, my heart and my mind were saying only one thing - "Please dolls, you reach home safely.. Don't play and break yourselves or hurt yourselves during travel. Be good!" This may look childish. But I had to think like this only as only I knew the efforts that went in right from buying to packing. Till now, no problem. So my prayers went on till they reached the destination safe. Once I heard from my relative that they were in tact and reached them safely without any wreckage, I breathed in a big sigh of relief.
Packing is an art - certainly. But once you get it right, it is a child play from the next time. Anyone can become an expert at it actually. All you need is Bubble wrap sheets and few styrofoam (thermacole) sheets. This is one stop solution for all your packing needs with respect to dolls.
In case you need a detailed procedure of explanation, let me know!. I shall be glad to help what I have done!..At a nominal fee... Kidding!!!
Signing off
Hema

1 comment:

  1. I should mention here 2 people who gave me the idea of bubble wrap apart from my sister-in-law.
    Thanks Sivapriya Mam and Radhika for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete